Stay slim and fit by eating the right food
It has been found an effective healthy eating plan can help you lose more weight than even exercise. And the best part is that eating healthy is not all that difficult. You just have to follow a few simple rules to enjoy the varied benefits of health eating.
Victus presents to you a few Important Healthy Eating Guidelines to stay fit:
Drink Plenty of Water and Not Soda
Cut down on soda and replace soda with chilled water. Soda and fizzy drinks do more harm to your system than you can ever imagine. So stop taking them today or at-least cut down on them. Drinking enough water at proper intervals will help your body burn more calories and detoxify.
- A single can of soda contains the equivalent of 10 teaspoons of sugar.Soft drink companies are the largest user of sugar in the country. This can lead to diabetes or insulin resistance, not to mention weight gain and other health problems.
- Soda contains phosphoric acid, slowing digestion and blocking nutrient absorption.
- Drinking soda regularly causes plaque to build up on the teeth and can lead to cavities and gum disease.
- There is absolutely no nutritional value in soda.
“Drink more water (not calorie-heavy sodas or sports drink) during the day”
Eat slow and consciously
No matter how hungry you are make a conscious effort to eat food slowly. Food is meant to be tasted and enjoyed and is not meant to fill up your stomach to the maximum. So eat your food slowly by chewing it properly. Eating slow will help the body digest food more effectively and in addition you will not overeat as your hunger will subside faster.
SIMPLE WAYS TO PRACTICE CONSCIOUS EATING:
- Sit down to your meal in a peaceful, quiet place.
- Sit with good posture and breathe abdominally.
- Avoid reading, watching television, or negative conversations.
- Using a clock, timer, or audio-tape as a friendly guide for chewing.
- Begin with approximately 20 seconds (about 25 chews)
- Increase gradually from 40 seconds to one minute (about 75 chews)
- If you are healing or seeking transformation, chew 150 plus.
Be a vegetarian once a meal
Take one meal of the day and make it completely vegetarian. When you go to bed after a dinner, a vegetarian meal would be much easier to digest and will not result in fat formation.
Include fruits, whole grain and green vegetables in your vegetarian meal. Make sure to include green leafy vegetables and salads.
Being Vegetarian leaves you feeling lighter and relaxed.
Don’t skip breakfast, eat it as early as possible
Eat your breakfast as early as you can in the morning. This will give an early kick start to your body’s metabolism. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and a healthy breakfast ensures a healthy lifestyle. Skipping your breakfast ruins your body’s metabolism which can actually result in your body gaining more weight.
Eating regularly every morning can slowly improve your body’s metabolism which will help you lose weight in the long run. A healthy breakfast also ensures that you do not get involved in binge eating in the later part of the day.
Slim Down With Yoga
Lose stubborn fat and tone up all over body.
Yoga is a known stress buster, but it’s also one of the most effective workouts for fighting stubborn fat stores, especially the ones that crop up after age 40. You can use yoga for weight loss. Studies show that yoga lowers levels of stress hormones and increases insulin sensitivity—a signal to your body to burn food as fuel rather than store it as fat.
Keep a food journal
Keep a food journal and keep noting down whatever you eat during the day without fail. Keeping a journal will help you keep a track on your eating habits. This will subconsciously help you eat healthy foods and avoid the bad ones.
Keeping a food journal is better than counting calories because:
- Simply knowing that you’ll be recording your actions is enough to entice most people to make better choices, rather than just counting calories.
- Our calorie needs change daily, depending on how active we are and even how hard we’re thinking.
- If you record the time of day that you eat and other activities that surround your eating habits, your food journal should help you identify consistent patterns in your eating.
Share your food
Enjoy the spirit of giving by sharing your food with your friends or with someone in need of food. Think about this when you are over eating. Think about people who are not privileged and share your food with them.
The spirit of giving can help you in more ways than one. Human beings are all part of a single chain. Helping others will earn you their good wishes and the more good wishes you have the more easily you will achieve what you want. This includes losing body weight.