Victus presents some of the foods that are bursting full of health benefits but somehow never make it to most people’s plates. Starting today, make sure you include them in your everyday diet.
- Pumpkin: Pumpkins are fibrous, and boosts immunity
- Pomegranate: Pomegranate juice is full of antioxidants and helps lower blood pressure.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is said to have anti-inflammatory properties and fights cancer.
- Dried plums: Plums are packed full of antioxidants.
- Swiss chard: This green leafy veggie is full of carotenoids that protect the eyes against the effects of ageing.
- Sardines: Sardines are heavy on omega-3, full of calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium and vitamin B.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are known to improve memory and mental health.
- Guava: Guavas are great for the digestive system, as well as in controlling high blood pressure and lowering the risk of cancer.
- Cabbage: Cabbages are loaded with a chemical called sulforaphane that is known to fight cancer.