Benefits of Meditation
Benefits of Meditation
We aspire to seek calmness, peace of mind, joy, vibrant health, greater energy, positive relationships and fulfillment in life and wish to be stress-free and worry-free. But now the question arises as to how we can attain such a life which in return will only peace of mind.
The answer is simple; we can enjoy all these benefits and much more, with meditation. Meditation offers innumerable benefits to our body, mind and spirit. The rest we gain in meditation is deeper than the deepest sleep. The deeper we rest, the more dynamic our activity is.
De-stress with Meditation
Meditation has two important benefits:
- Meditation prevents stress from getting into the system
- Meditation releases accumulated stress that is in the system
Both of these happen simultaneously, leaving one refreshed and joyful.
Physical Benefits of Meditation
With meditation, the physiology undergoes a change and every cell in the body is filled with more energy. These results in joy, peace, enthusiasm as the level of Prana (energy) in the body increases.
On a physical level, meditation:
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Lowers the levels of blood lactate, reducing anxiety attacks
- Decreases any tension-related pain, such as, tension headaches, ulcers, insomnia, muscle and joint problems
- Increases serotonin production that improves mood and behavior
- Improves the immune system
- Increases the energy level, as you gain an inner source of energy
Mental Benefits of Meditation
Meditation brings the brainwave pattern into an Alpha state that promotes healing. The mind becomes fresh, delicate and beautiful. With regular practice of meditation:
- Anxiety decreases
- Emotional stability improves
- Creativity increases
- Happiness increases
- Intuition develops
- Gain clarity and peace of mind
- Problems become smaller
- Meditation sharpens the mind by gaining focus and expands through relaxation
- A sharp mind without expansion causes tension, anger and frustration
- An expanded consciousness without sharpness can lead to lack of action/progress
- The balance of a sharp mind and an expanded consciousness brings perfection
Meditation makes you aware – that your inner attitude determines your happiness.
Other Benefits of Meditation
Emotional steadiness and harmony: It cleanses and nourishes us from within and calms us down, whenever we feel overwhelmed, unstable, or emotionally shut down.
Meditation brings harmony in creation: When we meditate, we are in the space of vastness, calmness and joy and this is what we tend to emit into the environment, bringing harmony to the Creation/planet.
Consciousness evolves: With the assimilation of meditation into daily life, our consciousness evolves and in time, is able to experience the higher and refined states of consciousness. When our consciousness evolves and expands, the disturbances in life become negligible. Anger and disappointments become fleeting emotions that occur momentarily and then vanish. We start living in ‘the moment’ and let go of ‘the past’.
Personal Transformation: Meditation can bring about a true personal transformation. As with its help we learn more about our inner self, we’ll naturally want to discover more about the mystery of life, this universe, etc. Then the questions that arise in the mind are – What is the meaning of Life? What is its purpose? What is this world, what is love, what is knowledge…?
Once these questions arise, know that we are very fortunate. These questions need to be understood; we cannot find the answers in books. As we spend our life through answering them we’ll witness that life transformation to a richer level.